Dr. Ameet G. SatturIntenventional Cardiologist, FSCAI
MBBS: Jul 1999 - Jun 2005
JN Medical College, Belgaum, India.
Academic distinction throughout medical school. The rotating internship involved rural service in medically underserved areas of the state.
MD General Medicine (Internal Medicine): Jul 2006 - Jun 2009
- Kasturba Medical College ,Manipal Academy of Higher Education ,Manipal, India (Ranged Third best college in India for Medical education).
- This was a 3-year residency in internal medicine in an elite academic medical institution with very strong foundational training in general primary care medicine while simultaneously incorporating subspecialty rotations. My research project was “Study of Diastolic Dysfunction in Asymptomatic Diabetic Patients”
Clinical Fellowship and Senior Registrar in Cardiology: May 2009 - July 2011
J.N Medical College, Belgaum, India.
Following completion of residency in internal medicine, Dr. Ameet G. Sattur joined the department of cardiology at the above center as a non-resident clinical fellow. During these 2 years he was trained in managing critical ICCU cardiac patients , managing Cardiology OPD and extensive training in echocardiography . He was involved with teaching medical students and general medicine residents on rotation.
DM in Cardiology: Aug 2011 - Jun 2014
J.N Medical College, Belgaum, India.
Trained in a 3-year cardiology superspecialty residency program at a premier academic medical institution in South India. The program involved extensive training in diagnostic cardiology with 2D ,3D echocardiography, color Doppler studies and trans esophageal echocardiography in congenital, rheumatic and ischemic heart disease and cardiomyopathy and managing a busy clinic which also focused on preventive cardiology. He was routinely involved in performing simple and complex coronary interventions since the institute was a noted high volume interventional cardiology center. The interventional training extended to incorporate device closure for septal defects, pacemaker implantation and deployment of intra-aortic balloon pump. During his training he performed more than/ close to 4000 cases. Teaching residents in internal medicine and medical students was a regular part of the academic schedule.
Assistant Professor (Department of Cardiology): 2014 - 2016)
J.N. medical college and KLE Hospital, Belgaum, India.
- Visited the prestigious “MAYO CLINIC “ USA advanced intenventional cardiology training.
- Prevalence of Tricuspid Valve Disease in Rheumatic heart disease poster published in JACC.12 March 27 1012 Volume 59, issue 13.
- Clinical profile and management of patients with coronary arteriovenous fistula in adults : single center study published in Indian Journal of Scientific Research and Technology 2014 2(1):4-8/Sattur etal
- Successful Treatment of Double-Orifice Mitral Stenosis with Percutaneous Balloon Mitral Commissurotomy published in Case Reports in Cardiology Hindawai publications Volume 2012 Article ID 315175.
- Influence of parental consanguinity on the prevalence of coronary artery disease in the progeny published in Indian journal of science and technology Vol 5 No 5 (May 2012).
- Pulmonary Embolism – A Persistent Dilemma published in International Journal Of Recent Scientific Research Vol.6,Issue 5,pp3900-3905,May,2015.
- First Thoracic Artery Coronary Steal Syndrome Post Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery published in International Journal Of Recent Scientific Research volume 4 issue 5 may 2015.
- Honey bee sting – A mimic of acute myocardial infarction –case series published in international education and research journal Volume 1 issue 4 nov 2015.
Lectures and Workshops attended::
- Challenging case presentation: ”Complex CTO” at Midterm National interventional council meet at Kolkata in 2013.
- Recent update of Hypertension in Diabetes mellitus in Diabetes update -2014 organised by Association of Physicians of India (API) –Dharwad chapter.
- Lecture on Basics of ECG at the Annual conference -2015 of Indian Medical Association–Hubbali branch.
- Speaker at TCT INDIA NEXT 2015 held between August 14-16 2015.
- Attended INDIA LIVE 2016 as FACULTY.
- Regular lectures at local specialty and subspecialty medical gatherings
- Dr Marc Silvesteri from france on Complex angioplasties.
- International visiting expert radial cath workshop by Dr Giovanni Ambroso from OLVG hospital Amsterdam.
- Dr.Suhail Dohad from Cedars-Sinai USA.
- Dr Imad Sheiban from Pederzoli hospital Italy on Left main Angioplasty.
- Transradial course TRICO by Dr Tejas Patel , Shigeru Saito.
Has delivered number of lectures at local , state , national and international conferences He regularly attends workshops, symposia, conferences to update his own knowledge as well as to share his experiences
Dr. AMEET G. SATTUR’S MAIN INTERVENTIONAL INTEREST AND EXPERTISE IS IN COMPLEX CORONARY INTERVENTIONS , BIFURCATION STENTING , CHRONIC TOTAL OCCLUSIONS , PERMANENT PACEMAKER AND AICD IMPLANTATIONS , MITRAL VALVULOPLASTY AND ASD , PDA DEVICE CLOSURES . APART FROM INTERVENTIONAL WORK DR. AMEET G. SATTUR ALSO FOCUSES ON PREVENTIVE CARDIOLOGY (STRATEGIES TO IDENTIFY AND PREVENT A PERSON AT RISK FROM DEVELOPING HEART DISEASES) AS PREVENTION IS NOT ONLY BETTER BUT ALSO CHEAPER THAN CURE.